This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

You're so Sweet

 
Good morning everyone, hope you are having a wonderful day!! I would to share a sweet card with you using the new Cara and Friend digi stamp set.  Let me show you how I put it together.





To start this card I need to create the background.  This was done using a 3d embossing folder from Crafter's  Companion.  A piece of watercolor paper was inked with Picked Raspberry, Orange Marmalade and Mustard Seed Distress ink.  The ink was misted lightly with water to allow it to blend together.  Once dry the paper was embossed.  To add a little shimmer to the raised areas I applied Pink Flambe and Calypso Coral Mousse to the pink and orange areas using my finger tool.  Small drops of Rosewater Jewel drops were placed on the embossed areas.

 


 For the yellow areas Lemon Sorbet Mousse using my finger tool. Small drops of Limoncello Jewel Drops were placed on the embossed areas.  Along the edges sparkle was added using the Quickie Glue Pen, Butterscotch and Pink Fizz.



 
Cara and her little friend was sized and printed out using the color digi image.  I really love this sweet little image!  Glitter was added using the Quickie Glue Pen, Pink Fizz, Butterscotch, Sparkling Snow, Spirited Green glitter  Small drops of Ebony Black Crystal Drops were added to the flower centers on her shoes and headband 



 The sentiment was sized, printed out and fussy cut around.  The edges were inked using Mustard Seed Distress ink and placed on the card using foam dots.


 

Thanks so much for stopping by have a wonderful day and remember....Keep Stamping!

 

2 comments:

  1. Saw your card on the SNS blog and had to drop by to say CUTENESS GALORE!
    LOVE your sweet image & sentiment, ADORE your luscious background, the colours, shimmer, shine & texture are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!!
    I love the background.
    I have not done this yet but after seeing this I just may!!

    I love the extra layers of glimmer and the drops. Great works.

    I am not sure how I hopped here, but so glad I did!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda