This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.....PSALM 118:24

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Gentle Thoughts

Good morning everyone, hope you are having a wonderful start to your day!!  Today I would like to share a digi card with you using the new digi Lovely Magnolia stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Let me show you how it all came together.
 
 
 
 
To start the card I needed to create my background paper.  Using distress inks, water and paper towel this was create.
 


Ink a piece of watercolor paper using Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade distress ink.  Place a piece of paper towel on top and lightly mist with water.  Let sit for about 30 minutes.  Remove the paper towel and you have a beautiful piece of background paper.  I love the way the paper picks up the design of the paper towel.  Once dry I embossed the piece using a new Crafter's Companion 3d Embossing Folder. (sorry I forgot to take a picture)
 

 
 Once dry the piece was fussy cut around the outer edges of the embossing.  This was then used on the outside edges of the card.  Using my finger on the raised areas of the embossing Coral Calypso Mousse from Nuvo was added for a pretty soft shimmer.


 
The flower and sentiment was then sized, printed out and cut using the Silhouette.  Sparkle was added to the flower using the Small Glue Pen from Nuvo, Sparkling Snow and Spirited Green glitter.  The flower was placed on top of the card using foam dots.



 
Small drops of Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops were placed on the embossing areas.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by have a wonderful day and remember.....Keep Stamping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are very "special" to me...Belinda